NKTR-262 is a novel toll-like receptor (TLR) 7/8 agonist designed to stimulate antigen‐specific immunity against cancer cells.
When NKTR-262 is combined with BEMPEG, which stimulates the production of CD8+ effector T cells, both the innate and adaptive arms of the immune system are activated to fight cancer.
NKTR-262 is specifically engineered using Nektar’s expertise in polymer chemistry for sustained release, to remain confined within the tumor microenvironment, and to minimize the potential for systemic exposure and toxicity.
NKTR-262 is being evaluated in combination with BEMPEG and checkpoint inhibitors in a range of locally advanced or metastatic cancers.
2020 Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) Annual Meeting
- Presentation: Phase 1 Dose-Escalation Study of NKTR-262, a Novel TLR7/8 Agonist, Plus Bempegaldesleukin: Local Innate Immune Activation and Systemic Adaptive Immune Expansion for Treating Solid Tumors
- Abstract 451: "Combining Bempegaldesleukin (CD122-preferential IL-2 pathway agonist) and NKTR-262 (TLR7/8 agonist) pairs local innate activation with systemic CD8+ T cell expansion to enhance anti-tumor immunity", Rolig, A., et al.Oral presentation/Abstract #28
2019 ASCO-SITC Clinical Immuno-Oncology Symposium
- Oral presentation/Abstract #28: “Phase Ib: Preliminary clinical activity and immune activation for NKTR-262 [TLR 7/8 agonist] plus NKTR-214 [CD122-biased agonist] in patients (pts) with locally advanced or metastatic solid tumors (REVEAL Phase Ib/II Trial).”, Diab, A.
- Abstract #P364: "Systemic anti-tumor immunity and immune memory formation by a novel TLR7/8 targeting agent NKTR-262 combined with CD122-biased immunostimulatory cytokine NKTR-214", Kivimae, S., et al.
- Abstract #P378: "NKTR-214 (CD122-biased agonist) and NKTR-262 (TLR7/8 agonist) combination treatment pairs local innate immune activation with systemic CD8+ T cell expansion to enhance anti-tumor immunity", Rolig, A., et al.
2018 ESMO Congress
- Poster 446TIP: “REVEAL: A phase 1/2, open-label, multicenter, dose escalation and dose expansion study of NKTR-262 [TLR 7/8 agonist] plus NKTR-214 [CD122-biased agonist] with or without nivolumab (nivo) in patients (pts) with locally advanced or metastatic solid tumor malignancies”, Diab, A., et al.
2018 American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting
- Abstract 2755/Poster 17: “NKTR-262: Prodrug pharmacokinetics in mice, rats, and dogs”
- Abstract 3755/Poster 5: “Comprehensive antitumor immune activation by a novel TLR7/8 targeting agent NKTR-262 combined with CD122-biased immunostimulatory cytokine NKTR-214”
Society for Immunotherapy in Cancer (SITC) 32nd Annual Meeting, National Harbor, MD
- Poster #P275: Harnessing the innate and adaptive immune system to eradicate treated and distant untreated solid tumors, Kivimae, S., et al., Langowski, J., et al.
World Preclinical Congress 2017
- Mar 1, 2019: Nektar Therapeutics Presents Preliminary Immune Activation, Safety and Clinical Activity Data from the Ongoing Dose-Escalation Stage of the REVEAL Study at 2019 ASCO-SITC Meeting
- Nov 9, 2018: Nektar Therapeutics Presents New Clinical and Preclinical Data for its Immuno-Oncology Pipeline at the 2018 Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) Annual Meeting
- Apr 15, 2018: Nektar Therapeutics Presents New Preclinical Data for its Immuno-Oncology Programs at the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting 2018
- Apr 11, 2018: Nektar Announces Dosing of First Patient in Phase 1/2 Clinical Study to Evaluate Combination of TLR Agonist NKTR-262 with CD122-Biased Agonist NKTR-214 in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors