Investigator Sponsored Trials
Nektar Therapeutics has a targeted portfolio of novel therapeutics that target cytokine pathways and other mechanisms to selectively modulate the immune system and to advance the treatment of cancer, autoimmune disorders, and chronic inflammatory conditions.
Nektar conducts clinical studies of our investigational medicine products (IMPs) to evaluate them for safety and efficacy and collaborates on independently sponsored studies and Investigator Sponsored Trials (IST).
ISTs are independent trials conducted by external investigators that can advance the medical and scientific understanding of our IMPs. Trials conducted through an IST can provide valuable information regarding the safety, efficacy, pharmacology, and tolerability of Nektar's IMPs. Nektar may provide support for an IST based upon the following guidance:
- IST proposals must be unsolicited and relate to original research that aligns with, and does not conflict with, Nektar’s ongoing research and development plans.
- Nektar does not support any proposal that induces or is intended to induce the use, administration or recommendation of Nektar products by the investigator or other Healthcare Professionals (HCP).
- Decisions regarding support for IST (whether financial and/or provision of study drug) must be made based upon safety and acceptable and appropriate risk/benefit profile for patients, scientific merit of the proposed project, clinical usefulness of the data expected to be generated, and other objective criteria.
Thank you for your interest in Nektar’s Investigator Sponsored Trials (IST) Program.
- Nektar is moving from a rolling submission process to a request for proposal (RFP) submission process for Investigator Sponsored Trials (IST).
- IST proposal submissions are currently closed.
- A submission window for new study proposals will open in the second quarter of 2022; please check back in June for more information.