RESEARCH FOCUS: Immuno-oncology
NKTR-255 is an IL-15 receptor agonist designed to engage the IL-15 pathway to stimulate and expand natural killer (NK) cells and promote the survival and expansion of central memory CD8+ T cells without inducing suppressive regulatory T cells. Through optimal engagement of the IL-15Rα/IL-2Rγ receptor complex, NKTR-255 enhances formation of long-term immunological memory which may lead to sustained anti-tumor immune response. Native rhIL-15 is rapidly cleared from the body and must be administered frequently and in high doses limiting its utility due to toxicity. NKTR-255 is designed with IL-15 receptor alpha specificity to optimize biological activity and is uniquely engineered to provide optimal exposure and an improved safety profile.
In oncology, NKTR-255 is currently being evaluated in preclinical studies in combination with targeted antibody therapies in lymphoma and multiple myeloma. Through a collaboration with Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center, NKTR-255 is being evaluated in combination with CAR-T therapy in preclinical studies. NKTR-255 will also be explored in combination with anti-retroviral and immune modulator therapies through a research collaboration with Gilead.
4th Congress of European Hematology Association (EHA)
- Abstract # PS1208: "Effects Of NKTR-255, A Polymer Conjugated Human IL-15, on Efficacy of CD19 CAR T Cell Immunotherapy in a Preclinical Lymphoma Model", Chou, C., et al.
- Abstract 3265/Poster Board 15: “NKTR-255, a polymer-conjugated IL-15 enhances anti-tumor NK cell responses and synergizes with monoclonal antibodies to provide long-term survival in human lymphoma model”, Miyazaki, T., et al.
2018 ASH 60th Annual Meeting
- "Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Study of NKTR-255, a Polymer-Conjugated Human IL-15, in Cynomolgus Monkey", Miyazaki, T., et al.
- Abstract #418: "Pre-clinical investigation of NKTR-255, a polymer-conjugated IL-15 with a potent NK cell dependent anti-tumor efficacy", Miyazaki, T., et al.
- Abstract #422: "A polymer-associated human IL-15 (NKTR-255) has optimized biological activity and unique mechanisms of action on CD8 T Cells and NK Cells", Robinson T., et al.
2018 American Conference on Pharmacometrics (ACoP), San Diego, CA
- Poster T-039: "NKTR-255 Exhibits Target Mediated Drug Disposition and Stimulates Proliferation of Cytotoxic Immune Cells in Cynomolgus Monkeys"
CHI 3rd Annual NK Cell-Based Cancer Immunotherapy Conference, Boston, MA
CHI 2nd Annual Emerging Immuno-Oncology Targets Conference, Boston, MA
- NKTR-255: Accessing IL-15 Therapeutic Potential through Robust and Sustained Engagement of Innate and Adaptive Immunity
Society for Immunotherapy in Cancer (SITC) 32nd Annual Meeting, National Harbor, MD
- Poster #P332: Pre-clinical efficacy and tolerability of NKTR-255, a polymer-conjugated IL-15 for immuno-oncology, Kirk, P., et al.
2017 American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting
- Abstract 1603/Poster 11: NKTR-255 engages the IL-15 pathway driving CD8 T cell survival and CD8 memory T cell proliferation
2016 SITC Annual Meeting